Friday, June 12, 2015

NLT Comprehensive Concordance


Book Description

You already know that the New Living Translation speaks your language. Now the NLT Comprehensive Concordance provides the perfect companion as a powerful tool to help you explore the depths of God’s Word.
 
  •       Full English concordance listings for every major word in the NLT
  • Introductions to the New Living Translation, including translation philosophy and scholars involved in the translation
  • The number of occurrence of each word listed
  • Inclusions of many archaic terms and common renderings from other translations which are not found in the NLT


A concordance is an invaluable tool for serious Bible study, and the NLT Comprehensive Concordance packs a lot of value into a single volume. Designed to be useful for serious in-depth study or for quick reference, this concordance will help you find what you are looking for.



My Review

I was so excited when this came in the mail! I redeemed it with my Tyndale Rewards! They really are so amazing!

I’ve always liked using the concordance in the back of my own Bible when I’m studying or trying to remember a certain verse, but I needed an upgrade. Man, did I get an upgrade! 1229 pages and hundreds of thousands verses worth of upgrade!

My dad brought it in from the mailbox and asked, “What is this? It’s so thick!”

It sure is. But it’s not monster size (thank goodness). It’s large enough so you don’t have to squint to read the letters, but not so big/heavy you hate pulling it off your shelf. I can’t wait to pick it up!

Every major word is listed (in the very back there is even a list of words not used in this book) and categorized by name. It’s really neat. For instance, I was looking for the verse “give your burdens to the Lord, for he cares for you.” But I couldn’t remember where it was. So, I pulled out my concordance and went straight to burdens. I found the verse in Psalms 55. But it still wasn’t the exact one I was thinking of. Then I remembered one that said “your cares” rather than burdens. I turned to C and found cares and found the verse I was looking for in 1 Peter 5.

I had been trying to remember where that verse was for two days! This book has really become a great tool.

I’m sure some of you are thinking, “why not just search for it online? Surely, it would be so much faster than hunting through a book.” But that is such thinking in this digital age where everything is at our fingertips. Many don’t want to take the time to search. They’d rather skip over the wonderful yellow-brick road straight to the emerald city. You ‘ll never know what treasures await you if you don’t take on the adventure.

Another major problem for me, and I’m sure many more alike, is that having the internet at our fingertips causes many more distractions than if we searched for and pulled out a book.


I recommend getting a concordance for any version! But, if you just so happen to have an NLT than this is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment