Friday, January 31, 2014

Figgy Friday Spotlight #7

The curtain is rising. This weeks Figgy Friday Spotlight is 

"New Beginning"
by




I've been wanting to share this poem for a while. I read it last year before I ever created this blog and I'm so glad I have this change to share it with you today. And what a way to end the month, the beginning of the new year with this magnificent poem!

"A New Beginning" really to my heart. The way the author wrote it, speaking to the reader directly, the words coming directly from God. I truly believe He uses us to do exactly that too! And he used Sky Nicole to do just that with this poem. People nowadays feel lost, depressed, lonely, and forgotten and this poem speaks directly to your heart. Reminding you that you are not alone or forgotten and that everything God does he does for you. From the clear blue skies to tears he catches on his sleeve to the tenderness he shows in our daily lives. It's funny, the way this is written reminds me of a book I'm currently reading but I'll save that for another day. 

"Then Jesus said, "Come to me all those who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me reach you because I am humble and gentle, and I you will find rest for you souls. For my yoke fit perfectly, and the burden I give is light." -- Matthew 11:28-30





Check back February 14th for the next Figgy Friday Spotlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment