Thursday, April 24, 2014

Holding My Hand

Good afternoon everyone,

Since Sunday night, if you'll remember was a rough night. I honestly don't know what to do, what I feel, or how I should act. Well, I know how I should act but I'm so astonished that I'm having to do double-takes. 

How is it people can plot and plan and speak with such hatred and then pretend they care the rest of the time? 

I couldn't do it. 

I love people and when they hurt me I try not to let it show. I want to say I've forgiven them, but it's hard when the wound is still fresh and my enemies refuse to turn from their wicked schemes, truly handing over their soiled hearts to Jesus for cleansing. 

The other morning The Lord pulled me into the book of Psalms, reminding me of a few verse about evil people and their boasting. As I was reading these verses I started crying inside (I cried so much this week I think my tear ducks were worn out {Psalms 7:6-7}). The verses described exactly how I was feeling and what I felt was happening. 
"I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways. By your mighty power you rescue those who seek refuge from their enemies." ~Psalms 17:6-7 (NLT)
My heart prayed those words the other night. Even the next few verses my heart cried out to God. 
"They are without pity. Listen to their boasting! They track me down and surround me, watching for the chance to throw me to the ground. They are like hungry lions, eager to tear me apart--like young lions in hiding, waiting for their chance. Arise, O Lord! Stand against them, and bring them to their knees! Rescue me from the wicked with your sword!" ~Psalms 17:10--13 (NLT) 
But here's the verse that brought real tears to my eyes and hope to my heart.

"Because I am righteous, I will see you. When I awake, I will see you face to face and be satisfied." Psalms 17:15 (NLT) 
Despite it all, God is with me; despite what schemes the devil may plan to throw at me using these people, I will still see Jesus. Cause my heart is His, not the worlds. Not theirs, but His! As long as I keep my faith, which no one can take away from me, I will see Jesus. I will be up in Heaven with Him when he decides to call me home. Of course, I pray these people turn to Jesus too because Hell is not a place I want anyone to live in for eternity. But I am glad to say I do not have to worry about where I am going. My faith, trust, and hope is in Jesus.
"You've heard that the law of Moses says, 'Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!" ~Matthew 5:43-44 (NLT)
So I must continue to pray for them and that they accept the true gift of salvation and turn from evil and give their lives completely over to Jesus! 
"God has heard my plea; the Lord will answer my prayer. May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified. May they suddenly turn back in shame." ~Psalms 79-10 (NLT)

As for me, He's holding me by his right hand, he will protect me and guide me {Psalms 73:23-34} to a better tomorrow. As He will with you. I will keep living for Him. 
"I have followed your commands, which have kept me from going along with cruel and evil people." ~Psalms 17:4
Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, THANK YOU JESUS!
"You will show me the way of life, granting me joy f your presence, and the pleasures of living with you forever." ~Psalms 16:11 (NLT)

This has been strong song the last few weeks! It lifts my spirits and helps me push forward!

"Courage -Feat. Lacey of Flyleaf" by Orianthi 



Stay Strong and Courageous!
GOD BLESS 

2 comments:

  1. Hello . :) God would always be with you. Stay strong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tasneem! :) Thank you. Sometimes I have to reminded that He is with me. That's why I like blogging things like this. Reminding people that they aren't alone either.

      How are you doing? :)

      Delete