Monday, November 25, 2013

Love Finds You in Camelot, TN

 Janice Hanna
Book Description 

Steve Garrison is the newly elected mayor of
the tiny town of Camelot, Tennessee. When his
childhood friend Amy Hart comes up with a plan to revive the town’s economy, he jumps onboard. The
townspeople will perform the musical “Camelot”
in the city’s park, drawing in nightly crowds. While
excitement is high, talent is lacking. Amy casts several
of the parts but is stumped when it comes to the role
of King Arthur.

In desperation, she turns to Steve. Will he pull the
sword from the stone and save the day? Steve reluctantly agrees—on one condition. In exchange for his willingness to wear tights, Amy must play the role of Guinevere. And when a handsome newcomer cast as Lancelot takes an interest in Amy, the stage is set for a little tension—and perhaps love.


My Review

When I first picked up this book in Lifeway Christian store I thought “this is going to be fun!” A small town coming together to put on a live musical based on the play “Camelot” to save their fair and quaint home. Little did I know just how much fun and laughter awaited me!

Amy Hart is lively and imaginative. Sadly, most of her past ideas didn’t take flight, but this musical just might be her chance to redeem herself or further ruin her reputation. Poor Amy, I felt for her. Not wanting to fail and let her town down is a heavy burden.
"Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall." -- Pslams 55:22
Amy had to learn to trust that God knew what he was doing, trust that he had chosen her for this task and that with Him she could handle it.

I couldn’t believe all the characters that came to life, so quickly, and partook in this story. From Amy’s dad to Steve’s assistant; I love Uela May. To Woody all the way down to Fiona the Ferret! The only drawback to having so many characters thrown into the pot was it took a while to get familiar with each name aligned with their character. I could remember the main characters but ones like Gwen and Lucy I kept getting mixed up with one another. As well as Pastor Crane and Amy's dad (somehow). They could've been introduced better, maybe not quite at one time, to better remember them. However, I could never forget Uela May or Woody! I love them. I loved the scenes when all the women found each other in the ladies room and just a chatting like a bunch of hens. Ha ha!

Steve had to learn to be open with his true feelings. For the longest time he was showing in his actions that he loved Amy: connecting glances, passionate kisses, and words of encouragement, but the one thing, the important thing, he continued to put it off. Assuming his actions were enough to speak his feelings.
"Do it now. Sometimes 'Later' becomes 'Never'." --Unknown
That almost came true for Steve when Jackson entered stage left; Jackson attracted all the women in Camelot! I thought Jackson was going to try stealing Amy away from Steve but he turned out to be a true gentlemen! Sweet, charming, and encouraging. The way he loved his grandfather was admiring. If Steve didn't want to lose Amy he would have to put his faith and trust in God and take courage to tell Amy he loved her.

The way Janice Hanna turned the fairy tale of Camelot to the little town was fantastic! As well as how trusting that Orchestrates everything and in his timing. Including but especially LOVE. What I love so much about the Love Finds You series is that each one takes place in a real town, so once you've finished reading one of them all you want to do is go there and see if for yourself! That's what I want to do now. My cousin wants to move to TN, maybe I can get her to take me through there one day. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment