Monday, May 26, 2014

Meant To Love Monday!

I have missed writing for so a while now! I just haven't been able to get my head in the game, you know? Blogging has really been helping as well as writing some fiction between some new friends has really helped get me back in the swing of things. Couldn't be more grateful for our time spent together.

Three years ago I wrote a short story for Figment.com contest. You had to use this paragraph in the beginning of your story. The word limit was 1,500 (if you only knew how badly I despise word limits! It's better just to let me paint the wall and when I go over to the next than I'll go back and fix it. Otherwise, I over think about that one wall...) which for once I actually got under the limit! Which is rare for me cause I love describing thing and always go over the limit. It turned out pretty well. I got a lot of Hearts and very nice and helpful comments and critiques. But one day I decided I really wanted to try at the story again. I really loved it and I just wanted to add more to it, maybe rewrite a few scenes that didn't make sense anymore, and just give it new light. I started and nearly completed it late last year and I am proud to say I have finished!

Now with almost 3,000 words (double the original!) I can share with you all this completely remaster version of


I'm really excited about this, I think it turned out exactly if not better than I intended (which means you know God had a hand in it! Always) 

Feel free to read it on Figment.com and if you really feel inspired you can leave a comment on here letting me know your thoughts about it or if you are a Figment Member you can leave a comment right on the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment