Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Shout for the Lonely

I've really been struggling with loneliness the last month... No, for the last year. My hearts been broken one too many times by people who were my friends. Who lashed out at me for no reason or just abandoned me.

I'm not a social butterfly, my younger sister inherited those gene's. But, I don't like being alone. I'm best with close intimate friends and family surrounding me.

I've always been the strong one. The encourager. The shoulder to lean or cry on. To cheer them up and make them smile again. I've always been glad to be there for others.

But this past year, I just haven't been strong enough to be that person. Not because I don't want to be. I wish I could just say "Bibidi Babadi Boo" and revert back to being the strong one. I feel like all my reserves have been tapped dry.

Nowadays, if someone comes to me, needing advice or a friend to lean on, my mind draws a blank. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like whoever I used to be has withdrawn into the deepest cave and is nowhere to be found. And, I feel everything I try to say or do isn't real. Like, I'm just acting what I think I know. Maybe I am subconsciously just second guessing myself. Every where I turn is another blank space. And, that that's why I can never find her.

I wonder.

Am I not meant to find her again and merely grow into something new?
Or is that my heart has hard chiseled edges now that need to be smoothed out?

I don't know which one it is, but what I do know is that they both need Jesus.

Jesus to lead, Jesus to rub off those rough edges.

It's hard. It hurts. Sometimes, a lot. I have to keep remembering, learning, building, keeping my foundation in Him.

And right now, that's all I can do.

~~~~~

A challenge to all of you.

Be patient with those around you.
Initiate with people who surround you.
Don't wait for them to come to you.
Let them know you are thinking about them, and keep interacting without expecting anything in return.
Sometimes, all they need is a pair of arms wrapped around them and to be reminded that "everything is going to be okay".

It's as simple as that.

~~~~

A shout out to those of you feeling alone.

Jesus knows your pain, He too suffered, but not just because of that. Because of his love for you, he hurts whenever we hurt. Have you ever hurt when you saw someone close to you hurting? That's how Jesus feels about you. He seeks to comfort you every time your heart feels empty. To catch every tear you shed. He know and never leaves your side.

So, really, you aren't so alone.

God bless and be with you, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment