Sunday, February 8, 2015

Let Me Remember...

Don't you just love when your browsing YouTube and God guides your cursor to just the perfect song to speak the words you needed most to hear?

I do.

As I mentioned in "A Shout for the Lonely" I've not been very strong the past year. Constantly battling this sort of sadness, emptiness, inside. I've been trying to figure out what I had lost that keeps me on this roller coaster. I've been searching for the answer for almost a year, but God gave me that answer today when he lead me to this song by Jason Gray.





HOPE.

I lost my spirit of Hope. Or better said, I forgot to hope. I forgot what it meant to me. I've always been one to look at the brighter side, to purposefully be optimistic.

The year before, I had been constantly let down by someone very close to my heart. By the time we went our separate ways, I'd been tapped dry of almost joy. I guess my hope went down with it.


Proverbs 13:12 (NLT)
 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life.

What does Hope mean to me?

It means to trust and expect that what we desire for, wish for, pray for, could in fact happen. Remaining confident in my trust in that God will have the last word and make it good. 


You know, no matter how much things hurt we have to keep hope alive in our hearts. Hope is what carries us through our sorrows, anxiety, and pain. Being positive when the rest of the world screams to be negative. It's time to bring hope back to life!

God bless!

Romans 5:5 (NLT)
And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment