Sunday, October 19, 2014

It's an Awe-tumn Sunday!

I almost can't believe the month is already half over! It was a beautiful Autumn day last weekend and the sidewalks are filled with leaves now. *deep inhaling* I LOVE AUTUMN! It's my absolute favorite time of year. 

The thing I love about Autumn is that crisp air with its gentle breeze that not only blows the leaves from the trees so I can dance under them, and down to the groun so they can crunch under my feet, but it brushes away all the cobwebs I accumilated over summer in my head and breaths new life into me. That crisp autumn air that says "goodbye summer, we're getting ready for winter!"

I love the smell of cinnamon wafting as I walk into the grocery store. It just warms up all over!
I love the decorations: pumpkins, scarecrows, squirrels, chipmunks, leaves and hay bales! Hay bale rides!!! 
Some of my favorite foods only come around this time or only taste as good. Like Pecan pie, sometime chocolate Pecan pie. Turkey and dressing. Pumpkin pie with whip cream! Oh the foods!
I love the colors of autumn too. Red, gold, orange, brown... It's all so enchanting. If I could live in Autumn forever I'd be happy. 

That reminds me of a quote I found today!

"Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love — that makes life and nature harmonize. The birds are consulting about their migrations, the trees are putting on the hectic or the pallid hues of decay, and begin to strew the ground, that one’s very footsteps may not disturb the repose of earth and air, while they give us a scent that is a pefect anodyne to the restless spirit. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." ~George Eliot, letter to Miss Lewis, 1st October 1841

So now you know how much I love Autumn! 

I was watching Gilmore Girls with my sister the other night and Taylor Dosey did a Hay bale maze. I have never done a hay bale maze, it's been a while since I've even been on a hay ride, but it sounds like fun! Especially to go with a friend or group of friends! 


I have a lot to do in the coming weeks. Thanksgiving is right around the corner. And I won't even mention the next Holiday in complete respect and joy for the current season! 

I have 7 books to catch up on before holidays start! I'm praying I can do it. 

• Trouble in Texas series (1-3) by Mary Connealy
• Theif of Glory by Sigmund Brouwer
• Tried and True by Mary Connealy
• To Everything a Season by Laura Snelling

I have to finish the first two Trouble in Texas books before November Library books don't like being late. Haha. 
One book a week, I should be able to handle that, right? Heh-heh. 

Then I have another Joshua Harris book coming in from the library soon (it's coming in from another branch when it's current borrower returns it). 

Out of all those books, I'm going to be writing reviews for at least 3/4 of them. Maybe even all of them! 

I'm also excited to be making progress in my novel with Bri from Bri's Literary Giants. We've been brainstorming like crazy! Oh, how I wish my computer still worked! But, never fear, I'm using pen and paper now. Keeping things organized in a beautiful binder I found at Target last month. Robert Benson, Dancing on the Head of a Pen, really inspired me and have me these great ideas for writing without a computer. I'm actually writing more than I usually do on a computer! It's exciting! 

It's Autumn, I'm home. God Bless. 

~*~*~

What do you love most about Autumn? Share your thoughts here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment