Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Don't Hate the Blind

"But he who hates (detests, despises) his brother [in Christ] is in darkness and walking (living) in the dark; he is straying and does not perceive or know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes." ~1 John 2:11 (AMP)

Reading this verse gives me courage. I know, your probably thinking, "How do you draw courage from a verse like that?" Maybe to some of you it sounds like, "If my brother/sister/friend hates me, then their not a real christian. They're choosing to walk in the shadows of their hatred, not me." Some might see it as a confirmation of their not having done wrong, its the other persons fault. Rather than making it about the blind man, we turn it around to be about ourselves.

That's not what I read when I see this verse. When I see this verse, I hear God whispering to me, "She doesn't know what she's doing, don't abandon her." And the verse rings out.
"If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But people who are alone when they fall are in real trouble." ~Ecclesiastes 4:10 (NLT)
See, we're not their salvation, but by not abandoning them we are given the opportunity to show them the light through Jesus Christ. We're not always able to be with them in person; sometimes it doesn't matter if we're standing right beside them. Their still walking blind. So, what do you do?

You pray them through!

Jesus is the one and only Salvation. The light that can shatter any, and all, darkness and open the eyes of the blind.

I believe God takes us out of the picture, to gaze at it from a distance, so we can focus solely on praying for them. Because there is something going on in their life that need your complete focus and attention and that require stepping away to see to that need.

If you have a friend, brother, sister, relative, that has pushed you away, don't turn your back on them. Because, they still need you even if they don't see it. Through prayer you are still with them, in Jesus. Fighting for them, shielding them, blessing them, loving them.

I'd like to pray over your friend or family today. Leave a comment below with a name(s) (doesn't have to be full name if you don't wish to) and I'll put them in my prayer journal. Maybe even make a special post in prayer just for them.

God bless in Jesus name, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment