Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Prayer Request for my Best Friend

Christina Jamison. None of you probably know her, but she is my best friend, my sister, my twin. In the words of Anne Shirley: my bosom friend. We met online in a christian group about 5 years ago and we were instant friends. She knows everything about me. I keep nothing from her. I love her like my own sisters. Care about her. Text her whacky and crazy texts in the middle of the night (though she wasn't usually asleep... usually!) just to make her laugh and smile in the morning. When she hurt, I would hurt too. She felt the same. She stood by me when I was lost. She comforted me when I was down. She helped me when I didn't know what to do. We made each other laugh till we literally couldn't breathe, for hour 5 hours at a time.

I have never had a friend like her in my entire life. 

I was without internet for almost 3 months and unable to talk to her as frequently as we were used to, but we did call and chat about once a week. But then, around November 2014, she stopped taking my calls. Stopped answering my texts. I knew she'd been sick, so it made me worry when I didn't hear from her. Weeks dragged on, still no word from her but she was still reading my texts and listening to my voicemails. But, I still didn't know why she wasn't responding. Unless, she was so sick she couldn't respond and maybe it was just her mom looking at her texts.

Finally, she posted something on Facebook that I thought was meant for other people, people who didn't care about her or truly love her as friend, sister. As the caring and loving friend, I texted her yet again. I felt, in case I had offended her in some way I should apologize for it. I would never set out to hurt her. Still, no word back. So, I finally texted one last time that I would give her some space to breathe and wait for her to get back in touch with me. I conveyed to her one last time how I cared and loved her as my sister and that I would be here when she was ready.

Christmas Eve, she removed and blocked me from her facebook. And posted that she had removed me to all her other friends.

To this day, she still hasn't reached out to me or told me why she's mad at me. We didn't have a fall out of any kind, so I'm still in the dark.

She's really been on my heart this week, to pray for her. She's usually in a lot of pain, she has to get nerve blocks every month (sooner if she could afford it) and has had terrible migraines, etc,. She has a disorder that causes them.

I'm asking all of you, followers and passer-by, to pray over her. Not for our friendship to come back together (though that would be appreciated too. I miss her) but for her to get well. In spirit and body.

A friend shared this verse with me to prayer over her with and I've come to praying it over Christina as well.

"May the Lord bless you 
and protect you.  
May the Lord smile on you 
and be gracious to you.  
May the Lord show you his favor and give you peace." 
~Numbers 6:24


Thank you and God bless you for taking time out of your day to prayer for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment