Friday, January 30, 2015

My-Day Friday #1: It's Not that Confusing!

I think it's so hilarious how one word can spark a memory and come back to life. As my sister and I are in Walmart the other night, a single word was said and it instantly turned into song.

"Confuseled"

Well that ignited us both into song throughout the store!
"A Heffalump or Woozle is very confusel. The Heffalump or woosel is very sly 
- sly - sly - sly"
Singing about confusing Heffalumps and Woozles, can you imagine? We continued warning the patrons around the women's department.

"Beware Beware Be a very wary bear
If honey is what you covet you'll find that they love it 
Because they guzzle up the thing you prize"

But, alas, they were too confuseled to heed our warnings.

My sister and I love singing songs in the store. We've done it so much that it's actually integrated into our very beings... We don't even think about it, we just do it like a normal person would start a conversation!

If only my other sister were with us that night, we would have had a chorus!

Singing is one of my fondest memories growing up with my sisters. We used to take our Disney and Veggie Tales tapes and turn on the caps; fast forwarding and rewinding for hours until we learned all the lyrics by heart. Then we'd act them out when we'd go outside to play on our bikes.

Yeah, singing and riding bikes at the same time equaled best time of my life! That, and I could ride standing up on one pedal. I felt like Supergirl, soaring in the air. Sometimes, I'd extend my other leg to look like an Ice Skater gliding on the smooth (though bumpy) surface.

Those were the days!

Whenever we do sing fun tunes in the store, it reminds me of when I was a kid, and it lets me be a kid again for a few minutes. Releasing that joy and freedom.
It also draws me and my sisters closer (no matter how awful we actually sound!) and keeps us in sync.

It's also just good laughter. And we all know that is medicine to your soul! {Proverbs 17:22 NLT}

Heffalumps and Woozles? Yeah, not so confuseling afterall. ;)


Have a wonderful and blessed Friday everyone!



DISCLAIMER: No patrons were exposed to our not-so-wonderful, yet talented voices. However, singing actually did occur at a lower tone than that of an actual singer belting it out on stage. We recommend that be done in the shower (unless you can actually sing!) or for private family and friend audiences only. Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment