Friday, October 25, 2013

Figgy Friday's Spotlight! #2

Draw the curtains. Today's Figgy Friday Spotlight is

"The Girl with the Blue Mask"
by


When I first read the description of this story, I was intrigued to say the least. When it comes to Halloween most people turn to the ghouls and goblins, witches and wizards rather than God. 
So to read a story about a girls journey to finding God through her ancestors own story, well who wouldn't want to read that? 
The characters are well played out. Isabelle especially. I'm a little fond of Matt myself (shhh, don't tell!) I like how Brandi writes her great-great-great-great-great-great grandmothers journal, introducing more the friends and family that surrounded her during that time and how they came to be without putting too much to bore you but enough to keep your interest peeked. Chapter 8 is by far my favorite journal entry.  
I'm excited to say I really am looking forward to reading more of this in the months to come.
Keep up the work Brandi!

To read more of Brandi Edwards works you can click her name above which will bring you to her profile where you can find more of her stories and other writings. 


"Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal as friends." -- Revelations 3:20



Check back November 8th for the next Figgy Friday Spotlight!






1 comment: