Monday, October 28, 2013

Christmas Way Too Early!

I was talking with my dad and little sister the other week and we couldn't believe how early Christmas decorations were being displayed in the store and the tv stations promoting christmas already. I like to enjoy  Fall and celebrate Thanksgiving! Nowadays, Christmas is put out months in advance and crowding out the other holidays and seasons. My dad retelling his childhood of putting up the decorations the day after Thanksgiving and the Christmas Tree in the beginning of December. I remember how excited I used to be after Thanksgiving cause my sisters and I would begin talking of the holidays and counting down the weeks till Christmas was only a few days away. My sisters and I would get so giddy, we'd thought Christmas day would never come!

That was our conversation a couple weeks ago, right? So this week I was on YouTube and you would not believe what I found!

Go on, click the little red play button! Ha ha!




I couldn't believe it! Brandon Heath starting a petition for waiting to start Christmas celebrating after Thanksgiving, the way it should be! If you believe the same way I do--and Brandon--help by signing the petition and spreading the word!
We love Christmas, let's enjoy it and do it right!

To celebrate, the day after Thanksgiving we'll start off from Brandon Heath's new Christmas album
"The Day After Thanksgiving"

I have not heard it, not even a whistle or tune. And it's going to stay that way till the day after Thanksgiving!


"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." -- Romans 12:12 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment