Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Rain Came Down

Ah Monday's, a peculiar little day of the week, is it not? Some dread it while others it doesn't make the slightest difference to them. Me? It's been peaceful day! The rain was pouring, it was cool, and I got my book in from the Blogging for Books! Oh, did I not mention that before? Hehe!

Starting this week I'm in the the Blogging for Books Program! by Waterbrook Multnomah.


I'll be creating a page specifically for my Blogging For Books where you can read my reviews! And some updates on my progress in the program and more.

The rain man came last night and brought more than just a little drizzle. I thought it was the big bad wolf trying to blow down the house when I first heard it. It sounded like you were outside in the green house, the sounds of rain surrounding you, immersing you in serenity. Sigh. I loved it! (but don't let my grandmother know I said that! ha ha) It got me to thinking though, about all the rain we've had this summer. Practically none stop for at least a month (it seemed). Constant flash floods, one second shiney the next dark and stormy, flooding for weeks. Especially our driveway. I couldn't help but think of the song "Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down!" from Winnie the Pooh that day (and throughout the entire season).
"And the rain rain rain came down down down in rushing, rising riv'lets."
Ha ha, oh what a summer we had this year. I'm so glad for Fall though. It won't be  much longer before Jack Frost comes nipping at our noses! But let's enjoy that another day! It's time I finished this day with a relaxing song while getting comfy cozy with a good book!

And, in case you were wondering what "Snippet's, Whosies, and Whatnots" is, it's where I'll be posting little quotes or sayings or maybe even a piece of a song when I publish a new post the Snippet's will change as well! So be sure to checkout what it will say today. (Currently the Text Widget is having difficulties! I'll get it back up as soon as it will let me save it again)

God bless!
"Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on rock." Matthew 7:25 (NLT)
We are strong in Christ, our foundation is set on him. Keep listening to Him and keep building on that unbreakable rock. Even when it feels like the waves are crashing in around you, about to swallow you whole, just remember He's always there. You'll never have to worry that your house might crash under like a wave on the sand. Because he has you in his strong hold and unfailing arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment